Friday, August 23, 2013

Live and Let Die
























Jacket: F21
Shirt: H&M
Skirt: ecoté
Shoes: F21
Bag: Deena & Ozzy


"I'm nervous," this is what I was saying on the way to Outside Lands.  I was overwhelmed when I first stepped foot onto the field.  This was my first time at Outside Lands, and it took me awhile to get used to the event.  We planned on watching Paul McCartney that evening, so as we waited, we walked through the crowd  taking it all in. We passed some cool artists working on their artwork and many other works of art that were already displayed. Stands had food that would look very appetizing even when you're not hungry.  I only had a burrito though and hot coffee later in the night to warm me up in the cold weather of San Francisco.

Taking a decent photo here was a little difficult.  I tried my best to capture the windmill "Outside Lands" sign, but I never expected that some people would purposely "photo bomb" while taking a photo. With the crowd expected to reach in thousands, I had to expect that. So, coming right when the gates open would probably have been a little easier.

I came here without expecting anything.  Even though I only know Paul McCartney and the music of the Beatles through my dad when he used to play it all the time while dropping us off to school, I can appreciate that he is a living legend and one of two Beatles left.  I can't really describe the feeling as I watched Paul McCartney play and being surrounded by devoted fans who listened to him since the 60s, but I can say that it made me smile.  I know it sounds corny, but live music that is being played by your favorite artist and being surrounded by those who are devoted fans is different compared to listening in your car.

No comments:

Post a Comment